Tuesday, November 18, 2008
A time of Thanksgiving
I can't believe it is already November. I love this time of year the colors and smells of fall, and filling our shelves with the blessings of the harvest. This year has been good to us. We were able to add 30 jars of salsa, 10 Jars of hot pepper relish, 15 Jars of peaches(and 15 bags of frozen), 52 jars of grape juice and 53 jars of applesauce to our shelves this year. We made applesauce with Jasons family. With 10 adults,it took us 15 hrs but we were able to bottle 378 jars of applesauce. Amazing! It was a lot of fun, even the kids helped. We are so blessed to have so many family members close. We are so lucky to live in a country that has the freedoms we enjoy everyday. Where our children can grow up to be whatever it is they want to be, and believe in and worship how they want. This has been a great school year. The boys are doing well. With one in public, one in private, and one in preschool, we are a little spread out but very happy with where we are at and the blessings that got us to this point. We wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is insane that you guys were able to get that much done. I bet it was fun. I had to can my applesauce all by myself. It is so rewarding to see the filled jars and know that if worse comes to worse, at least my kids will have full bellies. It was fun talking to you guys last night.
ps. If you want to see our blog, you can email me at ekmkggj@q.com. I went private so i have to send you and invite.
Post a Comment